26.1.05

POLDERS

See in Holland there are these things called polders to bike on...

Things have been settling down a little bit lately but are still quite crazy. We still don't have a stove for the place in Egmond but I fixed the refrigerator plug yesterday meaning I can go out and risk buying groceries to bike a long way back with. I ate at a subway yesterday...not as good as America's but I enjoyed the familiar atmosphere as Ariel and I talked. The house is still quite large and far away (the two things most anti-dutch as far as I know) but it is still fine I guess. To all of your and my surprise I haven't taken a single picture yet! I'm shocking myself but the roads are all icy and slippery so I haven't wanted to risk it yet. Expensive equipment you know?!? My clock is not yet adjusted so I feel like I should be sleeping when really it is almost 4 in the afternoon. I will try to get some pictures of the house on here as soon as I can but a computer access is still something I need to work out. I have enjoyed meeting people who before I only talked to online or have heard of them. It still amuses me to watch someone's face when I tell them I am staying for six months! Maybe I should look in the mirror when I tell myself that but then I would have to go find a mirror so I guess I will just stay here. Yesterday was kinda rough for me as for the first time in 1 1/2 years I was not leading my Tuesday night girls. I miss that position and hope it will arise here soon. The language is still a major difficulty as well as finding my way around so please pray for that. In the mean while, I love you all and may he bless you to be a blessing! Doei, Alicia

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

icy and slippery roads? i am praying for your safety. How far out is your home? why no stove - did she just move in before you came? can you get a hot plate or one of the water heaters for tea? do you have a phone so we can call you? tonight is BIble study -- we will miss you tons! praying for you......love, mrs g

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had bible study tonight and i missed you, i miss talking with you but i know i will see you soon..i love you and i know you are doing amazing things over there so keep drawing strength from Christ and i know you will be alright.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger spartacus21 said...

My home is about 25 minuates by polder from the Hays/40 to Alkmaar centrum and 50-ish to the scouting building depending on if i find my way! The person i'm living with, Joseba, just moved in a week before i got here. I will have a phone number after today and thanks Mrs. G, miss you all too!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Brent said...

Hi Alicia! I can't imagine riding a bike on the icy streets...of course, right now I'm the king of lazy so I can't really imagine riding a bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home