11.2.05

Questions

**but then, you assure me, I'm a little more than useless. And when I think that I can't do this. You promise me that I'll get through it and do something right..do something right for once.**

Why is it more of humanity can't accept this as their own cry to God? Right now I am sitting behind a computer at Alexa's school, Jan Arentsz. I can't pronounce it right either so don't ask. She is currently just down the hall giving a 50 minute class on creationism. Yes, she is teaching. Alexa has grown so much this past year it is inspiring. To have the courage and accept this challenge makes me see why I value her friendship so much.
This past Tuesday I was supposed to have a meeting with the owner of Atlantis (the place Dave and his band Agape are playing at in March). Instead, Alexa messed up the dates and the meeting is next week. We ended up making a video for this upcoming Sunday with the 40 days campaign that consists of over 20 different answers from people on the street about what the purpose of their life is. This is why I put Relient K's lyrics on top. So many of the answers were, "happiness", "I never thought about it that way before", or "to see the ladies." And then there was one answer that was both funny and sad. Alexa walked up asking what's the purpose for your life. With a cigarette still burning in between his fingers, the man said, "Jesus...that's a hard question." He went on to say the traditional answer of happiness and work but for a split second he got it. Something yearning inside of him truly wanted to know. I get it now myself, I am starting to feel like I am truly here. Weird eh? I haven't felt like I am actually here yet. Out of body experience? No. I just can't really describe it.
I've had such a blast working with photography for the church's website and helping with all these films for both Sunday, as well as, for Scouting. The knowledge Herbst and everyone electronically has helped me with is coming into so much use. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about picture space but I'll hopefully have a new site up and running soon with more space. Things are starting to pick up the pace a little bit around here as I am getting more settled in. It was a little disappointing because I am trying to get back in touch with contacts who I saw last time I was here and it turns out eh main girl I wanted to talk with, Maria, is currently in Africa until May! Oh well, God's plans far out-see our own I guess.
May He bless you to be a blessing, Alicia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home